The training of your staff is a factor that plays heavily on the overall success of your business. Staff, having received the proper training can conduct their work in a more efficient and safe manner, leading to fewer incidents that can disrupt your operations causing a potential slowing or halt in your revenue generation. Online training is a flexible, efficient, and effective method of training meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal lives.
Incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injuries whilst at work. To try and combat this, the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 were introduced. These regulations outline the duties of both employees and their employers. Employees must be trained to manually handle correctly including the use of any equipment their employer provides to handle loads safety. Please note that this manual handling online training course is an awareness course only, if you or your employees’ duties include manual handling, then further practical training will be needed.
Upon completion of this manual handling online training course, the candidate will be able to:
- Define manual handling and state the correct technique and application of effective manual handling.
- Understand the relevant legislation and comply with the regulations.
- Recognise safe handling techniques and be able to develop good habits.
- Evaluate every manual handling situation they encounter, recognising risks and when to use mechanical aids.
- Understand the consequences on the body of incorrect handling and the dangers associated.
- State the professionals most at risk from incorrect handling techniques.
Gain a competitive advantage by investing in your staff and ensuring that you consistently demonstrate to the public your commitment to maintain a safe and healthy environment within your business.
This course is approved by IIRSM & CPD meaning this course had met the rigorous standards set by these leading bodies.
Courses related to this one:
For our Basic Fire Safety Awareness online training (click here)
For our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) online training (click here)
For our Working at Height online training (click here)