The training of your staff is a factor that plays heavily on the overall success of your business. Staff, having received the proper training can conduct their work in a more efficient and safe manner, leading to fewer incidents that can disrupt your operations causing a potential slowing or halt in your revenue generation. Online training is a flexible, efficient, and effective method of training meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal lives.
Food handlers have a legal duty to manage food safety. Failure to follow food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences. Completing this level 1 food safety – catering online training course will go a long way to give you or your employees a greater awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risk arise and how to control and prevent them.
Please note that this course is level 1 in terms of the subject knowledge level of the content presented and the course does not lead to a formal level 1 qualification.
The learning objectives of this this level 1 food safety – catering online training course are:
- Identify the key legislation involved with food safety and its application to the workplace.
- Recognise hazards that can occur during delivery through the service of food and how to contain them.
- Understand the nature of microorganisms and their link for food borne illnesses and food poisoning.
- State the safety procedures and how they assist with controlling risk in the catering environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of effective pest control.
Gain a competitive advantage by investing in your staff and ensuring that you consistently demonstrate to the public your commitment to maintain a safe and healthy environment within your business.
This course is approved by CPD, Gatehouse Awards, Institute of Hospitality, IIRSM & IOSH meaning this course has met the rigorous standards set by these leading bodies.
Courses related to this one:
For our Level 2 Food Safety – Catering online training (click here)
For our Level 3 – Supervising Food Safety online training (click here)
For our Achieving Food Hygiene Rating Level 5 online training (click here)